Monday, June 24, 2013

BEGINNING

Recently I was reading a book and it said, "What did you like to do when you were a child?  What you enjoyed as a ten-year-old is probably something you'd enjoy now."

What did I like to do as a child?

I spent hours writing in my journal (I kept a journal from 6th grade until the end of high school).  I read and reread interior design magazines, carefully tore out pages, and put them in a folder.  I painted my room a couple of times by myself and had my mom help me sew brightly colored pillows. 

As an adult, I love reading home design and DIY blogs.  I spend way too much time on Pinterest pinning ideas for my current and future home.  I have a couple of years worth of Domino magazine on my shelves.

For quite a while, I've been mulling over the idea of starting my own blog. 

I've been squashing down self-doubt and insecurity and finally decided to just go for it.  I'm excited and also a little terrified.  This will be my place to share inspiration I find, projects I attempt, and adventures that happen in our little soon-to-be home.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment